Sunday, December 6, 2009

Getting to the Guatemala Border

Kevin and I were sitting around this morning talking about the border and how confusing it could have been.

For anyone coming down this way, my advice is to follow the traffic. What happens is that the road splits into a one-way and the road to the right turns to dirt and gets awful crowded as you head into the dense market area. You think you are going down the wrong road but you're not. Then, the road makes a sharp left, turns back to a block road and goes up a steep hill. You'll inch your way up. One of the vendors threw some water on the street to keep down the dust. When I hit it and had to stop because of the stop-and-go traffic, I started sliding back. I stopped just short of running Kevin over. A bit of a panic there. At the top of the steep hill traffic turns right again and you're at the border.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment